Saturday, February 5, 2011

The end of another chapter, but there will be more Cher to share ?


Tonight, Feb. 5, 2011 marks the end of Cher's three year run at The Colosseum at Caesar's Palace. Most of the die-hards are in attendance. I, being a long time fan of Cher, chose not to go.

When Cher opened three years ago, I attended several shows. The only difference at first was that cameras were not allowed. Then, if you stood, chances were someone would hit you in the back. If that was not enough, sailor hat's were no longer allowed to be thrown. What? Are you kidding me? No sailor hat for Cher? Isn't that a sin?

So I figured, I could go, pay 278.00 and be unhappy or I could just bite the bullet and understand that I was not going to be happy in that situation and not go. Since I chose the latter, I have not seen Cher perform live in two years.

Tonight, I am sure, is going to be a bittersweet event for many fans. Rumor is that she will tour again, but is it just that - a rumor? "After All", Cher has performed a Farewell Tour and a three year run in Vegas.

Well, let's look at the facts.

Cher started performing when she was 16.

This is the only type of work Cher has ever known.

Cher is currently 64 years old.

If I were a betting woman, I would wager everything on Cher touring again. Even though she is past retirement age, for some reason, I just can't see Cher sitting in a rocking chair knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment