Thursday, February 3, 2011

First Stop... Labadee Haiti






On January 18th, we docked in Haiti. I was pretty excited about going there as I had heard that it was beautiful. RCL had bought part of the island. The part that RCL owned was on one side of a mountain. It was so pretty that I just couldn't imagine that right across the other side of the mountain was an ugly reality.

Caylee did a zipline excursion in which the participants were taken up to the top of the mountain in a jeep. She said as she went up, she saw guards with guns and Haitians on the other side of the mountain. The only thing that I saw really was that the Haitians selling their goods on RCL's side were very, very pushy. I know things are bad for them, but it tends to push people even farther away.

I am glad that I had the chance to go there though. You just can't even imagine how beautiful it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment